Sunday, March 9, 2008

What If...

What If...


I could fly:
Flying, a super ability every kid wishes they could have. It'd be a new way of viewing the world, an experience that'd never get taken for granted. I'd fly everwhere I could, as fast as i could, and as far as I could. It'd be the best gift in the world.

There were no televisions:

I'd survive. Although I do enjoy sitting back and watching a good show, no TV's seem to be a nice invitation to be more active. Maybe your'e tired and you dont want to run around, you could aslo catch up on some reading; enriching your knowledge. Or maybe you could take up music, drawing, dancing, and a pletheora more hobbies.

The streets were rivers:
Instead of driving to work, we'd be rowing to work. Cars wouldnt be a necessity since we couldn't drive them on water...unless someone invents that. In which case, we would have taken a step further in technology.

People never cooperated:
What a disater this world would be. Our U.S. motto says it all: United we Stand, Divided we FAll. People create brilliant ideas, but unless we work together those ideas may not satisfy us. Cooperation is the key to having a functioning world...which is why so many people strive for world peace.

Animals could talk:
That would be very cool. The phrase "mans best friend" would come to life in a surreal way. You could make friends with a fierce tiger, or a loving dolphin. I'm sure there are lots of questions to ask the animals, and zoologist & marine biolgist would be ecstatic at the opportunity.

Everyone wore the same clothes:
Life would be boring, plain and simple. Wait, no. Seeing would be boring. No one would be able to bring out their personality in their clothing, which is the best part about choosing what you want to wear. I dont think I could stand it. It seems to me that with ebveryone wearing the same clothes, everyone would be equally dull.

If everyone threw a piece of trash on the ground:
I'd say it'd be hypocritical for me to say "If I threw a piece of trash on the floor it woul't matter. But if everyone did, it would" Well it only starts with one piece of trash. Thank God we have fines for littering and volunteers who give there time into making the world a clearner place. Think about it, without that we'd be swimming in a world of litter. No one would tkae a few extra seconds to throw something away, or to pick up a piece of trash from the floor.

Walk across walls and ceilings:
Wouldn't that be an easy way to do the yogo postion of requiring you to stand on your head allowing blood to rush to your head? Plus it'd take the fun out of Jackie Chan movies. I don't see the bad side of being able to do that, I mean it would be pretty cool.

If we grew taller then trees:
Woahh. That'd be awesome! I mean, I'm so short. To be tall for once would be so cool. We'd have to watch out for birds, though. That's a downfall, but you could always wear helmets (= This would be a very big life changer, since bulidings would have to enlarge length wise to flow with our height.

No cars, buses, trains, boats or planes:
Everyone would be in shape, thats for sure. We would all be either walking, running, or even swimming to our destination. Daily life would get a little more difficult because we'd have to leave for work/school a lot earlier (depending on your speed) and we'd lose a sufficent amount of time.

What if everyone lived under water:
If everyone lived underwater we'd be bringing the mythical charector of 'mermaids' to life. We'd probably live in tall coral reefs and left-alone-ships. We'd play around with dolphins and whales. Sharks would be the scariest part for me, so I'd wouldn't be by myself...ever. School would probably be in open waters with school officals actings as body guards.

If I found gold in my backyard:
Depending on how much it was, I'd save some as a personal treasure. Then I'd sell some for money. You don't find soild gold everyday, so its something that could be worth a bundle. Both finacally and personally.

A bully bothered me on the way home:
I'd wouldnt be afraid to tell them to back off. Thats simple enough.

Did verly poorly of a test:
I'd take the test, review what i need to study, study, and then ace the next one (=

A friend borrows things from you but never returns them:
Well, thats what me and my best friend do. We borrow eachothers clothes, and keep them for so long that we forget it belongs to the other person. It's really funny. But as long as you have that type of relationship with your friend, its okay. If not, you probably shouldnt let them use your stuff anymore.

I was the teacher and everyone forgot there homework:
As the teacher, I would give them time to do it during class. Continue on with the lesson, and whatever isnt done would be homework. Along with the oringally assigned homework for that day, and an extra assigment for being irresponsable.

If i was in the middle of the lake and my boat started to leak:
First off, I'd probably cry. Second, I'd use the paddle i had to get myself out there in the first place and start vigourously rowing twords safety. If my boat sinks before then, I would save a piece to float on and paddle the rest of the way. That way, i dont have to swim and risk getting tired, and drowning.

If my friend had a broken leg:
I'd help them in any way I could. I'd help with there backpacks, getting to class, and even with there lunch tray. It sucks enough that they can't do anything on there own, let alone do anything period. So why not help out and make things easier for them.

I woke up in another country and no one could understand me:
I would use pictures. Seriously. I would draw what i was trying to say, like picturnary. And I would hope to God someone knows how to play the game.

I ordered an ice cream cone and forgot my money:
Well I'd feel embarresed. What I'd probably do is say "I left my money in the car." run to it, and drive away. Or, I'd just look like a complete idiot and say i forgot my money. Either way, no ice cream /=

Someone got in front of me when i was in line at the movies:
I wouldnt say much, I'm not the agressive type. I'd probably wiggle my way in front of them, or I'd say something to the person next to be really loud so they could hear me.

There was only one hot dog left and me and my best friend havent had one:
I'd be okay with letting her have it. Better yet, we'd just split it. Its better then having nothing in our stomachs, and we won't be wasting a hotdog. Its a win-win

2 of my best friends went to the movies without inviting you:
I'd feel left out, and maybe a little jealous. But it was just one time, and it really shouldn't bother me as much as it probably would. Then again, maybe you would feel the same way too.
Got a present i didnt like:
Easy. If it's in front of a person that gave it to me, I'd pretend I love it. Then afterwords I would come up with some excuse in way I had to return it. i.e. My aunt got me a shirt I didn't like. I'd say it didn't fit me and they ran out of shirts that style.

Promised to feed my pet but didnt:
I'd never do that! That another life that I'm not feeding. I wouldnt want my pet to starve because of me. Thats horrible guilt. Besides, I keep my promises and I care about following through with them.

Someone told me a joke that you dont think is funny:
I would muster up a "Haha" to be nice. Normally when something isnt funny, the other person "cracks themselves up" and thats usually funny to watch.

Wanted to be friends with someone who spoke no English:
I don't think that could really work out unless I spoke there languadge; and the only one i speak is spanish.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Cool what ifs, you got a point on these. I like the 'if people never cooperated' one!