Friday, May 2, 2008

The Case of the Missing Ring

"ELIZABETH GET OUT OF MY ROOM!" I yelled with all my might.
"FINE!" my little sister shot back while she stomped out of the room.
I let out a huff, "Man little sisters can be SO annoying!" I cleaned up the mess we had made, well she had made. "How hard is it to ask me if its okay to use something that belongs to me? Ugh, I hate when she just throws my clothes around trying to find something of mine to wear without my permission. So she says that she ‘doesn’t have anything to wear to this important’ party. That’s what she gets for not asking me first,” I folded a shirt and closed my drawer. 10:15 a.m. flashed on my digital clock and I knew I had to leave to meet Chris. “I guess the rest of the mess will just have to wait.” As I walked out the house I glanced over to the hall to see my mom putting away a bucket and pulling out the vacuum. “Mom, I know you love to clean but give yourself a rest.” “Well help me out and say you cleaned your room.” “I did, but Elizabeth messed it up. I’ll do it later though. I love you, bye!” I closed the door behind me. Chris and I were meeting at Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch. We were in the middle of a challenge to see who could eat the hottest wing when I noticed my promise ring wasn’t on. “Shit! I forgot my ring at home. This is the first time! I can’t believe this.” One contest and a movie later I raced up to my room to put my ring back on when I noticed it wasn’t on my dresser. My clothes were piled on the bed and my footprints ruined the vacuum streaks on the floor. The bow my sister was wearing earlier today was by my door.
Who the heck to my ring?

3 comments:

erika said...

mom did it while cleaning.

" guess the rest of the will just have to wait" confused me

erika said...

mom did it while cleaning


" guess the rest of the will just have to wait" confused me

Alissa said...

I thing the mom did it while cleaning.

very good!
-alissa